I have never been one to walk around smiling for no reason so when I do, people are always asking, “What’s so funny? Or, What are you up to?”. I like to play pranks so I usually get a little chuckle out of the latter.
Smiling is one of the greatest ways to put yourself in a good mood. One of those, fake it til it’s real kind of things. So when I am feeling like I need to force a smile because my day isn’t going the way I really want and I am in a right hurry to change that, I have a few go-to methods to make it a little easier.
Funny animal videos are always right up there. Something about puppies chasing their tails or cat’s attacking their own reflection that I just can’t help but crack a smile.
The website Awkward Family Photos leaves me with a half smile, half cringe :/
This hilarious picture of my son forcing out a fake smile at a photo shoot about 8 years ago. He is one funny guy! He might have been faking it but I burst into laughter. You should see the two shots taken just before this one. Arms folded and lip sticking out 😉
The show Scarred. It’s an older MTV show that features mostly grown men, some teenagers doing really stupid stunts and ending up paying the price. I know, I know, I shouldn’t laugh at their pain but seriously, their stunts are really dumb ideas and then they go through with it anyways and I can’t help but think…boneheads! If they were small children who didn’t know better it wouldn’t be funny but these guys are not children, physically.
Speaking of children, funny test answers are always good for a laugh.
Not too many of us can plaster on a permagrin and that’s okay. But there is some real merit to smiling to improve your mood. Just the act of smiling at others can change their day, which usually improves yours as well.
Not too long ago I was having a real humdinger of a day. Things were just not going my way whatsoever. Then I ran into this little girl maybe six years old who had found a penny on the ground. She came running over and jumped into my lap to share her excitement about the faded Lincoln. Her grin was a mile wide. I couldn’t help but smile back as she blabbered to a total stranger about her treasure! Kids are awesome.
And quotes. Sometimes I just hop on Pinterest and look for some funny quotes to cheer me up. My sense of humor is well,…lol. So here are 19 that I picked to share with you. Hope at least a few make you smile!
- Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth 🙂 (Although, does anyone other than me think a toothless baby grin is just too adorable to not smile back at?)
- Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing-Mother Teresa
- Be Happy. It Drives People Crazy.
- I am going to stand outside so if anyone asks, I’m outstanding!
- My boss told me to have a good day. So I went home.
- Smiles are contagious. Go forth and contaminate as many people as you can.
- Kissing….the best way to end an argument.
- If being Awesome was a crime, I’d be serving a life sentence.
- Do not read the next sentence. You little rebel. I like you!
- Why does toilet paper need a commercial? Who doesn’t buy toilet paper?
- Patience…What you have when there are too many witnesses.
- Surely not Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting?
- Workout in the morning before your brain figures out what you’re doing.
- “I didn’t do it.” “Then why are you laughing?” “Because whoever did is a total genius!”
- If you think women are the physically weaker sex, try pulling the blankets back to your side of the bed.
- Parenthood…the scariest hood you’ll ever go through.
- Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember the only taste of success some people have, is when they take a bite out of you. -Zig Ziglar.
- Okay, so I danced like no one was watching. My court date is pending.
- If at first you don’t succeed, try doing the way your mother told you.
I would surely love to hear some of the quotes that really put a smile on your face! Please share below. One last note, too funny not to share.
A teacher recently asked one of my younger girls (10yr old) if she and her sister were twins.
She tipped her head to the side and said, “Are you serious?”
Teacher replied, “Yes”
Daughter, “Um, yeah we are.”
Teacher, “Well how do you know you are twins?”
Daughter, “Because my mom said so.” Walked away shaking her head like he was a real dummy.
Sign Me Up!
A positive, friendly place that will provide encouragement and support. Be a part of our crowd! Let's improve our luck, our love, and our lives.